Kontan Online

AHOK

Jakarta officials confirm Ahok returned Rp 1.2b

Saturday, 27 May 2017 | The Jakarta Post

JAKARTA. Jakarta Gubernatorial and Foreign Affairs (KDH-KLN) bureau head Mawardi has confirmed that non-active governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama (Ahok) returned his remaining operational funds Rp 1.2 billion (US$ 96,708) as governor to a bank account belonging to the city administration.

"We have received Rp 1.2 billion," Mawardi said on Friday (26/5).

Mawardi said that the funds were automatically transferred to acting governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat as operational funds for the 2017 city budget.

"Later, at the end of year, the remaining funds will be returned to the city's coffer," he said.

Previously, Ahok's attorney, Josefina A. Syukur, said that her client had returned the operational funds through the administration's Bank DKI account.

Ahok tendered a letter of resignation from his position as Jakarta governor to President Joko Widodo on Tuesday. In the letter dated May 23, Ahok wrote that he would resign in consideration of the North Jakarta District Court's verdict and sentence on May 9 and Presidential Decree dated May 12, which ordered Ahok's temporary dismissal as governor.

The letter was signed by Ahok at the Police Mobile Brigade Command detention center in Depok, West Java, where he is currently being detained.

Source : The Jakarta Post

Reporter: The Jakarta Post
Editor: Dupla Kartini
loading...